(St Leonards, Sydney: Allen & Unwin, 1993)
1. Situating Australia's television culture
2. High communications policy in Australia
3. The rise and fall of entrepreneurial television, 1986-1992
4. Television's double vision: of imported and local programming
5. Television and national culture
6. National culture in the new television order
7. SBS-TV: Symbolic politics and multicultural policy (with Dona Kolar-Panov)
8. SBS-TV: a television service (with Dona Kolar-Panov)
9. An Aboriginal television culture: issues, strategies, politics (with Philip Batty)
See also Terry Flew's review of Australian Television Culture in Continuum 8:2 (1994): 'Mongrels and hybrids: theorising Australian television'
Australian Television Culture is available from Allen & Unwin marketing on or the book can be ordered through bookshops.
New: 2 April 1996 | Now: 24 February, 2015